What is Leaders’ Program for Global Peace?
This is a human resource development program for high schools students in Hiroshima contributing to world peace. In the program, students learn basic international relations, English, as well as pressing issues of today.
Program in 2019
Training in Hiroshima: 11 days including 3 nights 4 days
- Learn about present trends on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation and understand the destruction by the atomic bombing in Hiroshima and reconstruction.
- Learn about situation and factor of regional conflicts and political, economic and social framework to advance reconstruction and building peace.
- Improve Englishskills through exercises of speech and discussion
Oversea training: 6 nights 7 days in Manila, Philippine
- Visit sites working for building peace and international cooperationsuch as Asian Development Bank.
- Discuss on international peace and international agenda with high school students in Manila
- Report of Oversea training
Debriefing Session: February 2020
- Make and present “the statement for international peace”in English
Report of Future Leader’s Program 2019
Report by participants
Inquiries about this page
Hiroshima Prefectural Office
Street address:10-52, Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken, 730-8511