Hiroshima Junior International Forum“The 8th Hiroshima Junior International Forum “Program details for foreign high school students living in Japan
Invite foreign high school students and Japanese high school students to think about international peace, share ideas, deepen mutual understanding, and spread a message of peace around the world in order to bring about a world without nuclear weapons.
August 15(Tue)to August 18(Fri) ,2023
International Conference Center Hiroshima
(1-5 Nakajima-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Pref.)
What we can contribute to achieve a peaceful world.
(Initiatives toward the abolition of nuclear weapons, reconstruction and peacebuilding)
Lecture and group discussion on abolition of nuclear weapons②
Tour of Hiroshima Prefecture (Miyajima)
Preparation for the debriefing session and presentation of the Hiroshima Declaration etc.
Costs covered by sponsor
・Transportation from residence to venue
・Lodging in Hiroshima City: 4 – 5 nights (August 14 or 15 through 18)
*In principle, students living within or near Hiroshima city will commute from their residence every day. However if it is not possible to arrive by the program’s starting time etc. lodging may be covered.
・The following costs will be covered during the program:
Printing costs, tours (admission fees, charter bus costs, etc.), meals during the program (including the
*Accommodation and meals will be arranged and provided by the sponsor.
Number of participants
・Foreign high school students living in Japan approx. 20 people
(Reference) Other participants
・Foreign high school students living overseas approx. 20 people
・Japanese high school students approx. 45 people
Applications must be received by May 31(Wed) , 2023.
(1) Youth under 18 years old (preferably high school students)
(2) Highly interested in realizing international peace (the abolition of nuclear weapons etc.)
(3) Can actively participate in English discussions
(4) Can join in group activities according to the program
(5) Must attend the entire program with the exception of unavoidable circumstances
(6) Highly motivated to make use of the experiences of this program to participate in international exchanges and local activities
How to apply
(1) The following documents must be submitted to the address below (see #14) by post or e-mail.
-Recommendation letter from your school principal
(2) You can download the application form from the Hiroshima Prefectural Government’s website.
* The office will carefully manage any personal information submitted, and will use such information only within the objectives of this program.
(1) Selection of participants:
After an examination of the application documents, participants will be chosen. The results of the selection will be sent to all applicants.
(2) Revocation of participant status:
Even after being selected, if a chosen participant at any time performs an action unbecoming of a participant or if a serious health issue arises, their status as a participant may be revoked.
International Affairs Division, Hiroshima Prefectural Government
10-52 Motomachi, Nakaku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture, 730-8511, Japan
TEL: +81-82- 513-2361 FAX: +81-82-228-1614
You can see last year’s program report on the Hiroshima Prefectural Government’s official website
Information related to this page
The 7th Hiroshima Junior International Forum
Report of the 7th Hiroshima Junior International ForumThe 7th Hiroshima Junior International Forum
Online Learning Program, “Think about Peace – Hiroshima as a starting point” is available!
Hiroshima Prefecture starts the online learning program in order to develop human resource that can disseminate peace for the international society.Online Learning Program