Hiroshima Prefecture was selected for “SDGs Future City” by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on June 15, 2018.
※At the selection certificate awarding ceremony
What is “SDGs Future Cities”?
- Initiatives by local authorities in order to achieve ‘Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’ are meaningful to realize regional revitalization.
- As one measure, in June 2018, the Government of Japan selected 29 municipalities including Hiroshima Prefecture to become “SDGs Future Cities”.
- Building platform to generate peace initiatives
- Promoting participation of the business sector in SDGs
- Strengthening human resource and buildinga platform
Inquiries about this page
Hiroshima Prefectural Office
Street address:10-52, Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken, 730-8511