Join the HOPe family as Youth Ambassador!Become our HOPe Youth Ambassador for a Nuclear-Free Future！
※※Applications are CLOSED now. ※※
Hiroshima Organization for Global Peace (HOPe) is looking for an enthusiastic young person who will be actively involved in promoting peace events and initiatives in Japan and reaching out to the international community with the aim of abolishing nuclear weapons. Join our HOPe family today!
Term of Office
Two years from mid-September 2021
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
First round of selection: Essays
Second round: Interview and presentation
Any enthusiastic youth under the age of 30 can apply. Bring your ideas to realize a sustainable future without nuclear weapons!
Activities of the HOPe Youth Ambassador
- Engage in activities to publicize the Hiroshima Initiative and the concrete image of a nuclear-free future that HOPe is aiming for, and share it with the world through social media.
- Participate in international conferences and campaigner meetings to promote HOPe, and upon return, report the current status of the NPT and TPNW to the general public through social media and public meetings.
- Make proposals and carry out activities to realize a sustainable future without nuclear weapons.
- Promote collaboration with the City and Prefecture of Nagasaki and the City of Hiroshima, as well as Global Hibakusha and civil society around the world.
１ Details of Application
- Number of recruitment : One person
- Application Period: August 17th – September 7th (Tuesdays), 2021
- Eligibility Requirements All Youth Participants must:
① Be younger than 30 years old (as of September 1st, 2021)
② Have the motivation necessary to be active to work with the nuclear issues and peace-building.
③ Be willing and able to participate in various events (including online meetings) for two years starting from mid-September, 2021.
Other important details
- In case of returning to in-person programming, HOPe will make sure that our Youth Ambassador will follow local and national guidelines in regards to social distancing and other requirements or guidelines associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please note that Ambassador’s initiative has been designed to be flexible. The detailed schedules are to be discussed between the selected youth ambassador and HOPe prior to the event.
- This youth ambassadorship is not meant to be a full-time position. Anybody currently working or in school can apply. However, you cannot apply or commit to other ambassador or public-relations positions if you are selected to be a HOPe ambassador.
- Some events use English as a working language. HOPe Youth Ambassador may attend and communicate as needs arise.
- Any activities and actions will be organised on a voluntary basis and will not involve any remuneration. If the activities require any travelling, HOPe will pay the transportation expenses prescribed by the rules.
HOPe Youth Ambassador will have following benefits:
- Better networking and build connection around the world through activities that Hiroshima Prefecture/ HOPe joins to promote peace.
- Receive support and advice from Hiroshima Prefecture/HOPe for your own initiatives to promote a nuclear-free sustainable future. (Those activities must be in line with the principles of Hiroshima Prefecture/HOPe. Details are to be further discussed)
- Find a new internship, education & career opportunities at Hiroshima Prefectural Government and HOPe.
- Build your profile as a HOPe Youth Ambassador for a Nuclear-Free Future World and showcase your experiences and activities.
HOPe Youth Ambassador will participate in various events following local and national guidelines in regards to social distancing and other requirements associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Example1: International conference and workshop
Example 2: Meetings in/outside Japan
（１） Application/Selection Process
① The First Round of Selection
Please fill in the Application Form (download link below) and submit your essays, either in English or Japanese, on the topic “What I envision for the world in the year 2045”. Your essay must not exceed 2 pages of A4 paper. You can refer to the HOPe Website for the missions of HOPe. Your essay should include your role and engagement as the HOPe Youth Ambassador in describing how to realize such visions in 2045.
If you have any additional PR material about yourself and your past experiences, you can choose to write another short essay, maximum 1 page of A4 paper.
② The Second Round
Successful candidates will proceed to online interview and presentation based on the essay submitted at the first round.
③ Announcements of Selection
First Selection Friday, September 10th, 2021
Final result: Mid-September
- HOPe will inform the results of selection via e-mail.
- This recruitment process is subject to change or cancellation based on local COVID-19 situation. Please check back on this page regularly.
（２）How to Apply
Please download the Application Form, and send your application form and essays by Tuesday, Septermber 7th via e-mail.
Inquiries about this page
Hiroshima Organization for Global Peace (HOPe)
Street address:10-52, Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken, 730-8511